As a graphic designer you will be expected to produce bespoke solutions to communicate the companys message with high visual impact. This will include Graphic design solutions for a variety of products and activities including, websites, advertising, books, magazines, posters, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, giving the organisation a visual 'brand' and Identity.
* Enhancements to current Website design, this will include working with the web team to implement changes as required
* Design, layout and production of course material i.e. Booklets, Brochures, notes, images and review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
* Design and production of materials for conferences, meetings, training and seminars using Photography, Computer design and Art work
* Dealing mainly with Medical Illustrations
* Developing creative ideas and concepts and choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the companys / managements objectives
* Meeting clients and or Management to discuss the business objectives and requirements
* Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research; using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
* Contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief;
* Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts; estimating the time required to complete
* Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to management
* Working with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design (CAD);
* Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
* Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients and/or supervisors and making necessary changes.
* Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programmes such as Quark Xpress, FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3D Studio, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash, as most graphic design work is now completed on a computer
* Working with Management, printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers, web developers and marketing specialists on a daily basis
* Communicating effectively and regularly with new and existing clients as well as management
* Answering phone calls, and other communication in a clear and polite manner in relation to clients requests and marketing and maintaining client databases as required
* Providing progress reports during meetings on clients, marketing and events
* Communication with potential clients and other stakeholders is recorded accurately
* Participating in operational team and programme meetings and taking minutes
Learn more about Graphic Designer placement »»»